Apparel Design & Development
A list of apparel design resources
How to go from Idea to Production for Softgoods
The Steps of the Product Development Process for Soft goods
Tech Pack Resources:
Creating a Tech Pack
How to make a soft goods tech pack by Maria Boustead, founder of PoCampo (Founded Outdoors Member)
- Startup Fashion - We are an online community and business resource helping independent startup fashion designers around the world to take action, make progress, and reach their entrepreneurial goals.
- AliceJamesGlobal - work with small brands from design through launch (Jasmine has worked with them)
- Bare Boulder - Outdoor Soft Goods Design and Prototype (not vetted)
- PriorityDesigns for Soft Goods and Hardware Prototyping (not vetted) product development company (recommended by Todd Mendoza, REI)
- Fashion Jobbers - Small runs, low quantity, small mins for fabrics (recommended by Jocelyn Rice)
- ImportGenius - a clever hack to find manufacturers. ImportGenius tracks shipping activity around the world to show you exactly what’s happening in the import-export business.
- Import Yeti - A way to find trusted suppliers. Search 70 Million U.S. Customs Sea Shipment Records Instantly. You can see where companies import from and who they work with.
- MyBodyModel - an app that makes custom fashion templates (body outline sketches) with your real body measurements. Get your own printable & digital fashion sketchbook and draw your fashion designs on a body model that looks like you.
- CONNEXT Utah by UAMMI - a supply chain database tool for the manufacturing industry sector in Utah. Reach out to Founded Outdoors if you would like to be connected to the UAMMI team.
Did we miss something that could be useful? 👉 Let us know here!